Sunday, June 22, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 6/22/08

  • "Beginner's Luck" - I played horseshoes for the second time in 18 years last night. Jake and I won by a lot, and I actually contributed. I went out like Mike in '98, and left while I was on top.








  • "Unexpected Gifts" - After about $300 in spur-of-the-moment online purchases, aka sneakers and t-shirts, cash is tight. 'Put $4 on pump 7' tight. But, lo and behold, I check the mail and what do I see? A graduation card and check from a grade-school friend and her mother. Lifesavers. No CTA for me this week.



  • "Cheech & Chong" - Watched it for the first time in over a year last night, which is way too long. I always felt the stoner genre was Hollywood's finest. People don't know that like half the lines in the movie were ab-libbed. The script was like 3 pages long. "Responsibility is a heavy responsibility!"







  • "Typing Sounds" - I hit a roadblock trying to send the new N.E.R.D. at about 2:30 am this morning, so, in my early-hours genius mind, I made it my mission to post the album on this blog. I still haven't gone to sleep. Okay, well I called it a day at about 2:45 am, but I tried. Once I get the hang of the whole HTML thing, expect some background music and downloads.






  • "Salty Mistakes" - Over the weekend, I ate close to probably 1000 tortilla chips. Big bags, little ones. Tostitos, generic brands, and open bowls. Because I was hungry, because I was bored, because they were there, and because Aramis Ramirez just stepped into the batter's box. High blood pressure here I come.

No comments: