Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 7/30/08

  • "Panic" - Analysts, the players, and Ozzie all keep saying how there are no such thing as big baseball games in July. Agreed, there's still a solid 6 weeks of regular season to go, but don't tell me that getting swept in Minnesota to go down 1.5 games isn't a big deal. Because it is. And if fans are worried, the players ought to be. The Twins are for real, and the Sox are acting like the last 2 months have been a fluke. The Twinkies will be in the mix come mid-September, and I can only hope it's for the wild card and not the division. Time to relax and watch the game.

  • "Eddie Murphy" - Pre-Nutty Professor Eddie. When he was doing stand-up in the 80s he was hilarious. Raw & Delirious consistently have me laughing hard throughout. His drunk father at the barbecue routine is top 3 or 4 ever.

















  • "Rosscoe's" - I know, I know the name changed. But Rosscoe's sounds so much better than "Chicago's Home of Chicken & Waffles", forget the whole trademark infringement thing. I ate like a (section 8) king this afternoon on Pershing: 1/4 white meat, 2 eggs, grits, and a waffle. All for just under $9. Can't beat that. I'll probably be full when I wake up tomorrow morning to be honest. I'll likely be back sooner than I should.


  • "Shelf Clouds" - I saw one this afternoon while dropping my cousin off in south suburban Flossmoor. Definitely the most amazing thing I've ever seen in person. It looked like a painting, almost surreal. Apparently they aren't too good when they come through though so I hightailed it outta there.




  • "Skinny Cow" - If you're like me, you love ice cream sandwiches but don't like, say, Type 2 diabetes. If that's the case, you should go for Skinny Cow ice cream products. I've only had the ice cream sandwiches, but they have more stuff. They make it from skim milk ice cream and low-fat cake. To me, it tastes better than any other ice cream sandwich I've eaten. Which makes me wonder: Why can't they just make all junk food without the trans fats and such? Skinny Cow does it for a decent price.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

CHICKEN AND WAFFLES SOOOOOON.

that is all.