Sunday, August 10, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 8/10/08

  • "Strangers" - They make for great entertainment, especially last night. Fhatarah and Imia, and others, were kind enough to drive me around the city. Went from Beverly, over east, then up north to Logan Square. On the way, we got heckled by guys in the car beside us. I think they wanted to share the black that was being passed around, but I wasn't about to confirm.




  • "Perception" - After about an hour at the party last night, at which I knew a grand total of 5 people (3 of whom I arrived with), I plopped down on the couch and decided to take in the sights and sounds. There were people running around, a midget chilling by the DJ, and these two wasted girls who went into a bedroom with another guy and a cameraman, I guess to finish their photography homework. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Plus, there was a dog, which I assumed lived there, walking around probably trying to do the same thing I was: make sense of a strange, strange place.
  • "Carlos Quentin" - What would the Sox be without this guy? Oh, yeah never mind. But yeah this has to be Kenny Williams' best pickup ever, even better than his wife. 32 homers from a 25 year old in his first full year in the bigs? The Sox need to hit home runs to win ballgames, and I swear Carlos has won about 6 or 7 games by himself this year. He makes up for the disaster that is slowly becoming Ken Griffey Jr. Sorry Kirk.







  • "GTW" - So I'm at Kirk "My name is Kirkland Penro aaaaannndd I'm finna fry!" Penro's trunk party this afternoon. It's on 80th and Sangamon and for anybody familiar with the city's geography and/or blessed with sight, you know that our friends of the caucasian persuasion don't come round those parts very often. Well, lo and behold, my favorite teacher who never taught me and fellow Wright man Mr. Wright crashes in. It was a nice surprise.

No comments: