Thursday, September 18, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 9/17/08

  • "Pop-Tarts" The best snack food ever created. Or does it count as breakfast? Regardless I've never had a bad Pop-Tart in almost 19 years of living. Just finished off the cinammon sugar box me and the second floor Bobb guys stole from the DU house last night. They're better cold than warm.
  • "The Pope" Not talkin about bobbing (Tha Pope), I mean Zach The Pope across the hall from me. He's from Lake Zurich and turns out we have a mutual friend. That's a funny story for later though. I've never actually heard the Pope at The Vatican's voice, but I can only hope it's as funny as ZTP.
  • "Consistency" Or a huge lack of it. It's welcome week up in Evanston so very little time is getting spent in my room, let alone on the computer. So bear with me. Classes start Tuesday so once I get a feel of the schedule I'll see when I can post.
  • "Diversity" Again, or lack thereof. People always talk about how white college usually is, save for HBCUs which I now completely appreciate and understand, but I didn't think it was gonna be this white. Not that that's a bad thing, but I called Payton white! I walked into my floor meeting last night, only black guy. The Black House has a luncheon today though, and best believe I'll be there. I guess a bright spot is that I get to form some kid's opinions about black people. I'm tempted to mess with them and screw around, but then I may be forming some future Republican votes.
  • "Links" Sorry I didn't have any today. I just woke up (it's noon), and I have to shower so peace.

2 comments:

DSD said...

African American Student Association, son. I feel very alone, too.

I spent all of Junior and Senior year successfully not being "that black guy" because of my friend pool, but here it goes again. :-(

WuTangIsForThe Children said...

straight up. i'm sure the novelty of living with a black kid on the floor will wear off soon. i hope haha. it's only been 3 days.

Yea I heard about that I think at the MSA luncheon. I'll be spending time at the black house believe that