Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 9/30/08

  • "Political Theory" The first class I've been 100% fascinated by. Great teacher (Prof. Toender), dense yet engaging reading, and real world application. My only beef is the 9 am Friday morning discussion. Ghettos as concentration camps is the current class focus.
  • "Panic" I'm not really up on the whole trading system and stocks and bonds (though I should be), nor do I know who Dow Jones is. What I do know is, in America, when rich people start losing money, it's a big deal. A front-page-complete-with-timeline-and-graphics big deal. I only wish we cared about the lower portions of the tax bracket as much.
  • "John Danks" In the words of the incomparable Jabari N. Brown, we need you now more than ever.
  • "Kryptonite" Per the bike locks, not the superhero repellent. I bought one yesterday at the police station (they got me for $30 bucks), and I'd bet a tiger couldn't keep my bike any safer than this lock could. It probably weights like 8 pounds. My bike weighs about 20.
  • "KING Magazine" I'm wary of anything telling me it's the "illest". I don't have a problem with KING at all; FHM and Maxim are just as scandalous. I actually appreciate the magazine. It's usually the only magazine on the newsstand with a model that'd fail the paper bag test gracing the cover, and I thank them every month for that.

3 comments:

DSD said...

I got that issue in the mail and realized that Hoopz is actually a man...

WuTangIsForThe Children said...

hahaha
glad i saved my money

DSD said...

lmfao @ you changing the cover