Monday, October 13, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 10/13/08

  • "I-57" It's always nice to be able to drive for 120 miles and never have to leave the same highway. I went down to Champaign-Urbana on Saturday, as some of you may know, and I got to fly drive down 57 the whole way there. Steve and I made it down in 80 minutes coming and 90 going. Don't ask how fast we were going, if you've been on I-57 in your lifetime you understand that the posted limit is a mere suggestion. We call it the Ghettobahn. There's no stronger peer pressure than an old woman in a '91 Lincoln Town Car zooming past you at 85 mph. You gotta keep up.
  • "Divine 9" *Prerequired knowledge* As you could imagine, NU isn't the most....African-American place in the contiguous 48 states. In the Big Ten no less. So it was refreshing (no offense to anybody, and you know who I'm talking to) to go to U of I's step show Saturday night. More black and brown faces in that auditorium than on the entire NU campus dancing and screaming as Alphas, Kappas, Sigmas, Iotas, and all the rest stomped and strolled for 3 hours.
  • "Sobriety" I understand that I live in Bobb, and therefore I understand that the people there spend 40-50% of their week completely sloshed. But you can't be drunk enough to shit in the urinal. If you can figure out which bathroom is for guys, you can figure out where to drop a deuce.
  • "Sunday" Though the Bears choke more often than Jenna Jameson (pic link not necessary, is it?), Sunday is the best day of the week. Especially since the frats give away free food all night. I'm pretty sure the 10 White Castles, chicken burrito, short stack of pancakes, and 3 slices of sausage pizza shaved about 2 months off my life expectancy.
  • "TI" Paper Trail really surprised me, especially after the disaster formerly known as TI vs. TIP. I'd never thought I'd say this, but this is the best album I've paid $ for since The Cool. Tip > Weezy.

2 comments:

DSD said...

I just noticed now that even though I go like 90 on 57 on the way to school, I've never gotten in trouble or even seen a cop on that little stretch between the 94 exit and the ramp to get on to 111th.

I haven't been to UIUC yet, so I could only imagine how lax they are about it between Chicago and nowhere.

WuTangIsForThe Children said...

It was ridiculous. Not only were we pushing 100 80% of the drive, we hotboxed the car on the way too.

The state is operating with a $400 million deficit. Maybe the highway police got laid off