Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/24/08

*Just a heads up: This is the last post till Monday. If the mailman can take a break, so can I.*

  • "Burger King" I've tried hard over the last year to give up not only fast food but fried foods in general, and did better than I expected to. But seeing as BK is the only 24-hour spot in Evanston and they have the best commercials on TV, the temptation is strong. BK's marketers are geniuses, mostly b/c they are terrifyingly creepy. The picture above is BK's ad for their new scent: "Flame". As in flame-broiled. As in beef. Click the spray bottle 5 times to enjoy the horrifying seduction of the King.
  • "Kashi" I don't really know what the name means, but they make good stuff. I was skeptical at first though. My mom brought home some stuff called "Go Lean Crunch" and I asked if she had a pony out back that needed feeding. But, being the maverick I am, I tried it. It's like granola with broken up rice cakes mixed in. It's pretty tasty if you have an empty pantry.
  • "Cooking" Dinner is at my house tomorrow, and so the kitchen has been occupied for the last 48 hours. Sweet potato pies, cookies, macaroni and cheese, dressing, Mama Wright has been cooking her ass off for the holidays. Watching her pull things out of the oven or off the stove and putting them away made me realize something: I don't think I've ever cooked something and not eaten afterward. Immediately afterward. Is that bad? I just can't fathom cooking something, looking at it and saying, "that's nice", and then that's it.
  • "Rosario Dawson" I'm about to go see Seven Pounds with Salif, Kirk, Darrius, and miscellaneous others. The only real reason I don't mind shelling out the 10 beans is Rosario Dawson. Been a stalker fan since He Got Game. She just missed a spot on the Magnificent Seven wall in the 2-2-5.
  • "Ice" Took me 15 minutes to dig my wheels outta the 5 inches of snow turned ice this morning. Winter really wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't any snow, cold, or if it didn't last 5 months. Yeah, if not for that winter would be the shit.

No comments: