Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 2/19/09

  • "Paxson" This is his first time making the T5, and for good reason (see Ben Wallace, Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas for LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.) But, Johnny did his best to atone last night and early this morning. Sure the Bulls gave up a big man who likes to shoot jumpers for a bigger man who likes to shoot jumpers, but they also got a big 2-guard for the low low until 2011. Then, I wake up this morning to the news that Larry Hughes' terrible contract (I think he gets paid per tattoo) is off our hands. God I can't wait till 2010.
  • "Redux" Ken Griffey Jr. is my favorite baseball player. Ever. If it weren't for Barry Sanders and Mike, he'd be my favorite athlete ever. And I'm sure 75% of the kids that grew up in the 90s feel the same way. In case you don't, here's a reminder. So you can imagine my excitement going to the Cell this past summer and seeing my favorite player playing for my favorite team. That fantasy-turned-reality was short-lived, but Junior Griffey is going back to his rightful home. I hope his contract includes a clause requiring the Mariners to wear these jerseys in every game.
  • "InDesign" If I ever yearned to work on layout on the Paw Print, which I didn't, today's journalism class extinguished any more curiosity I could've had. Layout sucks. It's basically Photoshop with even less fun. Susan, I understand why you hated print week last year. I'd be mad too if I had to spend 6 hours on InDesign.
  • "Balls" Attorney General Eric Holder has them in spades. At least metaphorically. I'm not too keen on his literal physical testicular fortitude. I'll call Hillary and get back to y'all on that.
  • "Supra" I never truly appreciated them until I got a pair of my own this winter. They're the most comfortable, well-made show I've ever had. Plus they have a stash pocket in each tongue! They just rolled out their new Burgundy line, and, to the hipsters, that includes skytops.

2 comments:

DSD said...

Shhh, don't be tellin' niggas about Supra. We don't want another vitamin water incident, lol.

Anonymous said...

its really all about the strapped though