Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 3/18/09

  • "Food" I ate more last night than I ever have in my entire life. The body count includes a whole bag of Tostitos 'Hint of Lime', 3/4 of a medium green peppers pizza from Domino's, and miscellaneous fried snacks at 2 am. I still haven't eaten today, and it's 4 pm. If I never see another drop of canola oil again in life, it'll be a good one.
  • "Twitter" I personally don't get it. I take that back. I get how it works; it's basically a glorified Facebook status. What I don't get is why it's so popular. I thought Facebook cornered the constant-yet-often-irrelevant-updates-on-my-life market***. Meh, I can't see myself getting one even though everyone from jurors to NBA players are "tweeting" on the job.
***I realized the terrible irony in this statement only minutes after pressing 'Publish'. I've cornered the constant-yet-often-irrelevant-updates-on-my-life market.
  • "Forewarning" I'm going to the Verizon store in about 3 hours to get a new phone. I've been off the grid for 4 days now and it really hasn't been that bad. I figure being able to be contacted could come in handy, say, if your employer calls, so I have to give in. I'm tempted to get a Crackberry, but we all know how that may turn out. The warning part of this has to do w/the inevitable Facebook group/event asking all you guys for your numeros.
  • "Home" Got back around 2:30. I'm not writing about how much I missed it or any of that, b/c I was just here 2 weeks ago. I just forgot how much warmer it is than Evanston. It has to be 6-7 degrees hotter outside b/c I'm nowhere near the lake.
  • "Allergens" Grass and pollen. It's what I'm allergic to.You'd think that after 2 or so million years of adaptation, humans would've developed an immunity to these allergies since....well...grass and pollen are fuckin everywhere. But no, maybe my ancestors spent too much time at sea or in the desert instead of on grass. Oh wait...never mind. Anyways, each spring and summer I feel compelled to get outside and enjoy the weather I spent the 5-month-long winter bitching about not coming fast enough. But, as soon as the warmth arrives, grass grows and plants get pollinated; all meaning puffy eyes and near-addiction to Allegra for me. I popped more pills this morning than Rush Limbaugh and JFK put together.

2 comments:

DSD said...

lmfao @ the slave ship and fields

WuTangIsForThe Children said...

haha i thought i was onto something