- "Hesse" Real witty dude. Had my first Intro to Af-Am Studies class this morning, and he made it pretty awkward for a lot of people. Not so much with his accent as with the "trick" questions like "So, who in here takes themselves seriously?"
- "Predictions" Like statistics, they're bullshit. And I'm not just saying that b/c The Big Lead predicted the ChiSox to finish 4th (!@#%$!!!) in the AL Central. Predictions are just fodder for over-hopeful fans hoping to hear something good to counter the bad things reality is telling/showing them. Let's see how this projection hold up in late-July.
- "Paranoia" I'm no tech expert, but the hubbub about this Conficker computer worm that's supposed to attack tomorrow. Stinks like Y2K to me.
- "Prison" It's rough in there. A lot of guys lose it after a few years in a maximum-security jail. Mike Vick barely spent a year in a medium-security spot, but he seems to have fallen off the deep end just as hard. He still thinks teams will pay him $10 million a year. He wasn't worth that before he got locked up, and now he'll be miraculously lucky to even sniff a starting job (maybe the Lions will take him).
- "Lists" Askmen.com rated Chicago as the best city for men....in the entire world. Not gonna lie, this makes me happy that they didn't just give it to New York b/c it's New York. I'm not so happy about one of the reasons they gave for the win - the Cubs. Cubbies fans aren't famous for their machismo, and if you live here you know that.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Daily Top 5 >>> 3/31/09
Posted by Dallas Wright at 1:03 PM