Monday, March 9, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 3/9/09

  • "Secrets" Leaders gave away 24 pairs of these Huaraches over the weekend. I guess I must not spend enough dough in there b/c I definitely don't have a pair. I don't really mess with Huaraches too tough, but I likes these.
  • "NCAA" It's the most wonderful time of the year. Conference tournaments started over the weekend, and the big dance is near. I recommend ESPN360.com if you go to a $50k/yr school in Evanston that doesn't have cable in its dorms. I realllllly hope Davidson gets in btw.
  • "Parenting" Maybe I'm just conservative when it comes to gore, but if/when I have an 8-year-old son I'm pretty sure I wouldn't bring him to a movie that's bloodier than a Kotex testing facility. I enjoyed Watchmen on Friday night, but I couldn't fully pay attention b/c I had DCFS one press away the whole time. Get a babysitter, please. If your kid doesn't know what a circular saw is, his first sight of it shouldn't be when it's used to slice a guy's arms off.
  • "Congrats" Congratulations to the newest members of Delta Sigma Theta's Theta Alpha chapter. I enjoyed the probate on Saturday, and the afterparty a little more.
  • "Faith" I read something interesting today: Turns out the fastest growing religion in the U.S. is.....no religion. In some poll (statistics are still B.S.), 15% of responders reported not having any religion whatsoever. That doesn't mean they don't have any faith, or just have no fuckin' idea what to believe, it just means they don't give up things that bring them happiness for 5 weeks and things of the sort. The Northeast is the least religious place in the country, with 34% of citizens in Vermont - so about 24 people - claiming no religion.

2 comments:

a squad said...

davidson's done, maybe we'll see em in the NIT...

DSD said...

I feel like it's okay for little kids to see violence like that as long as it's explained to them. They'll come across it eventually and it's better a parent explains what's going on than finding out from a friend at school or on Google.