- "Multimedia" The 3 hours I spent in class today editing 90 seconds of audio have convinced me that I'd much rather be a consumer than a producer of multimedia journalism. Unless of course I can use Blogger. I do recommend everyone download Audacity. It's free, and basic audio can come in handy. I swear.
- "Deja Vu" Today is Election Day again, at least in Evanston. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm almost certain that participation in campus ASG elections was more intense than the Evanston mayoral race. Not sure what that says about Evanston politics, but that's beside the point. Vote
Mike & Tommyor die.
- "Beyonce's Little Sister" FMO is bringing Beyonce's little sister and Big Sean to campus on Sunday. Tickets are only $5. Go. Now I know that none of you can name anything Beyonce's little sister has done since The Proud Family theme song, but that's inconsequential. This is the closest you are ever going to get to Beyonce, and you get to see Big Sean and 3D rip it too.
- "History" We learned about the Rape of Nanking today in 21st Century Media. Correction, I learned about the Rape of Nanking b/c I didn't do the reading. Nonetheless, it was captivating stuff. I won't spill the deets here, but it just reinforces how stupid history books are. I promise you that 70% of the people in this country think the Rape of Nanking is a violent Chinese porno, and not a real life genocide.
- "Idiots" People are really soft these days. Mexico's ambassador to Spain finagled his way to the top of BK's (genius) ad people, and got this commercial pulled. He cited "stereotypical representations of Mexicans and disrespect of the Mexican flag". Give me a fuckin break. First off, it's a commercial and Burger King is famous for irreverent ads. Secondly, there was only one representation. And another thing, the first thing I thought when I saw the little wrestler was "MIDGET", not Mexican. I live on the South Side of Chicago, I know Mexicans and Mexican stereotypes, and this doesn't seem offensive to me. Then again, I could be wrong.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Daily Top 5 >>> 4/15/09
Posted by Dallas Wright at 3:15 PM