Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/22/09

  • "Life" I can confidently say that these past 5 days have been the busiest of my entire life. From birthday parties at Koi to picking up prospies at O'Hare to handling Blu Lounge business to Medill homework, I haven't had time to sleep, let alone post. Things should be back to normal now though. Still no Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I now have time to post 4 other times a week.
  • "Playoff Basketball" It's the best. Especially when Los Bulls are in it (to win it). Despite lucky 3-point buckets by Jesus and horrible officiating. I still feel confident in my "Bulls in 7" prediction. I have a tip for Vinny though, b/c I know he's reading this: Keep Joakim on the bench in the last 2 minutes of the game.
  • "Contraception" The FDA just ruled that 17-year-olds can get morning after pills w/o a doctor's prescription. How was this not already a law? Isn't the age of consent 17 in most developed states (all 20 of them)? It's a little concerning to know that until now, someone 17 years old could legally bone but not legally prevent a pregnancy.
  • "Luda" I'm a little bummed I didn't get tickets, but there's a bright side to it. I get to take my time preparing for the little shindig immediately following the show, plus I get to put my efforts into trying to convince him and his people to come through. Can't hurt to ask, right? All he can say is "No"......actually, it could be something more like this.
  • "Asher Roth" The album was a disappointment. Thank god I pirated it like the hypocrite I am. There were some highlights ("Be By Myself", "Lark On My Go Kart"), but I wouldn't bump half the album in my car. I'm also not a big fan of artists getting murdered on their own tracks, and Busta's guest spot really showed me how much the hype around Asher and this LP. 2.5 outta 5 stars.

No comments: