- "Hoaxes" Hopefully you guys know that the whole "Blogger shut me down" routine was a prank by now. I couldn't resist messing with everyone, especially using something feasible (I do share pirated music on this site occasionally). The reaction I got was pretty surprising on Wednesday. People stopped me on Sheridan, sent their condolences on Facebook and through text message, and even threatened to murder Google execs to avenge me (
RamboTony). I think this ranks up there with the Burger King lefty Whopper prank.
- "Jerry Angelo" Kudos to you sir for getting Jay Cutler and making the Bears relevant again. Say what you want about Jay Cutler, but he can play. Well. He has one legit receiving threat at his disposal at the moment, but Torry Holt is a free agent and the Bears might as well keep spending money. And, while the two 1st round picks seem like a steep price, just remember that the Bears would've fucked those picks up come draft day anyways.
- "Condolences" The news outta New York today is terrible. At least 13 dead and 26 wounded. I still don't understand how high-powered rifles (click this link!) are legal for anyone. I do believe that people and not just guns kill people, but, guns let people kill more people.
- "Iowa" The state's high court ruled bans on gay marriage unconstitutional today. Isn't it a little depressing to know that Iowa is run by smarter people than the schmucks that run Illinois?
- "Mobs" I've always thought Google Street View was a little creepy. The only snag is that it's legal. Streets are public property and Google can take as many pictures of your house, or you digging out a wedgie, or your neighbor sunbathing in the driveway as much as they want....so long as they don't step foot on your property. I guess the laws are different in England, b/c this angry mob wanted no parts of the Street View camera car today.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Daily Top 5 >>> 4/3/09
Posted by Dallas Wright at 2:50 PM