Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 5/13/09

  • "Rankings" This is why I don't like them. The Maxim Hot 100 just came out today and it's laughable. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan in the top 25!? Both of them higher than EVA MENDES!?!?!?!? Unacceptable. I'll never pick up a Maxim again. Unless Eva Mendes has a centerfold. As a brief aside, this last comment may not make a lot of you all happy but I have to say it. Michelle Obama made the list at #93. Now see, the concept of a Black First Lady is "hot" in and of itself. However, Michelle Obama, physically, is not hot. She's not ugly, but she doesn't give me that tingly feeling like a Freida Pinto (criminally underrated at #49). She just doesn't.
  • "Joell Ortiz" Dude is still slept on. Can't understand why. He and Royce outshine everyone else in that whole Slaughterhouse crew. Anywhoo, Ortiz dropped a new tape today where he spits over classic instrumentals. I haven't listened to it yet, but I can tell you that it's good.
  • "Gunshots" This story broke Monday I think, but I can't help but to chime in on the chick that CPD put a bullet in on Michigan Ave that afternoon. First off, the photo of her on the pavement was unintentionally hilarious. The cops were looking around like "Shit, I thought that was the new taser they gave me." And can I just say that I thought she was white from the newspaper photo. But, after a booth review, her blackness has been confirmed. Guess that explains the swift and forceful "justice", huh?
  • "Boston" They really are killing me. The Celtics just won't go away. They do everything to lose, but whoever they play against just gives the game to them. I'm even hesitant to say that I can't wait till they meet the LeBrons in the East Finals and get smashed, b/c I had them losing in 6 to Orlando.
  • "Help" I'm doing a multimedia production on young adults who are in to the so-called streetwear thing. Basically, if you like sneakers and think about income in terms of premium denim and fitted caps I'd like to interview you. Hit me on my cell or Facebook if you're interested. I'll bring snacks!

1 comment:

Jon Eng said...

Joe Budden > Joell Ortiz

Also, I can volunteer for the interview about streetwear. Hit me up