Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 6/16/09

  • "Justice" So let me get this straight. Donte Stallworth was legally drunk when he ran over and killed somebody and all he gets is 30 days in jail and 10 years probation, but Mike Vick financed a dog fighting ring that he was never proven to have actually seen and he gets a year and a half in jail? Are you kidding me? More proof that Vick was made an example of. How in the world is the sentence for DUI manslaughter less than 10% of the sentence for dog fighting? Both guys are stupid and deserve punishment, but Vick got screwed. Real logical justice system we have.
  • "Detroit" I said it a month ago and I'll say it again: Ben Gordon won't be a Bull by the start of the 2009-10 season. He just won't. I thought that him demanding $10 million+ a year for streaky shooting and not much else was laughable. Well, the Pistons have proven me wrong. They are allegedly offering BG $11 million a year. For that kind of money, I can't be mad at him for leaving Chicago. Nor can I be mad at him going to Detroit. It isn't like Ben solves the point guard problem.
  • "Sammy Sosa" Real sports-heavy post today, I know. Sammy got snitched on by the New York Times yesterday. I guess he used steroids or something in 2003. I always thought his head was just naturally that big. This whole "he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame" hubbub is idiotic. Everyone from 1988-2006 was juicing. There's no such thing as a clean player; everybody is taking some kind of supplement or weird science experiment that's to new to be banned yet. I could care less if Sosa or anybody else goes to the HOF, b/c his numbers are still fantastic. Stop romanticizing baseball and get over the whole steroids thing.
  • "SLAM Mag" In the words of the immortal GZA of Wu-Tang Financial: "Buncha bitches." They released a preposterous Top 50 NBA Players list recently (props to TheBigLead). A few of the spectacular fails: LeBron rated higher than Dominique Wilkins, Kobe ahead of The (original) Dream, Shaq ahead of Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas ahead of John Stockton and Scottie Pippen. I'm not sure what strain of weed these guys had just finished smoking when they compiled this list, but I'm glad I stopped reading SLAM in middle school.
  • "Playboy Tre" He has returned!!!



    Props to The Smoking Section

1 comment:

Miss Kris said...

LOL @ playboy tre! & that donte stallworth sentence is completely ridiculous and makes no sense!