Monday, August 10, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 8/10/09

  • "LeBron" Since when do athletes tour? This is a little strange to me, but, coming on the heels of the LeBron dunk tape, I will definitely be at Seward Park (LeBron obviously has not seen Seward Park) tomorrow afternoon with my camera in hand.
  • "Heat" Went to the Sox game with Jairus yesterday. It was about 97 degrees come game time, and the Sox didn't make it any easier on us. Suffered through 3 hours of bad defense and poor bullpen play. Everyone keeps saying this team will pull away and win the division, but it's mid-August and it's not looking good.
  • "Foolishness" West Point is the best college in the nation? Really? Is this based on employment rates after graduation? If so, I can't argue that. Check the Forbes list for your self here. I'm writing to the editors of Forbes right now b/c there's a typo for West Point's tuition. It's not free, trust me.
  • "Judges" Except for Judge Mathis, they all pretty much suck. I understand the whole "just doing your job" argument and that they're just an extension of a flawed system, but stories like this are ridiculous. 6 months for a yawn? Even if it was intentional, dude was already getting locked up. How self-righteous do you have to be to care about a felon's last attempts to show you up? He's a felon!

No comments: