Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 8/19/09 (Sports Heavy)

  • "Juice" Weather permitting, I'm meeting him at Harper Square in about 4 hours for an interview. To say I'm excited is an understatement. To say I'm nervous is a gross understatement. The finished product should be out early next week. Hoping I can get him to kick a few bars.
  • "Sony" I don't have a PS3, and never thought I would own one. Until now. Sony is lowering the price of their newest hardware to $300, and rolling out the prettiest-looking console ever. I can only hope this one isn't as loud as a vacuum cleaner too.
  • "The Obvious" Long story short: There's an African runner who's dominating the women's circuit. Only problem is that "she" may not be a she. Track and field officials are giving 18-year-old Caster Semenya gender tests to determine whether or not she used to wear a jockstrap. Judging by the pictures, I think this is an open-and-shut case Sherlock. I find it hard to believe that female athletes have gone from looking like Flo-Jo to this in only 20 years. If this is the direction evolution is heading, I need to find a wife right now.
  • "Brett Favre" Mother-F*** a Brett Favre!!! I refuse to worry about how much a washed up 40-something diva is going to help the Vikings. Christ. He's worse than herpes - at least from what I imagine herpes is like - b/c you could at least have gotten herpes enjoying yourself. What enjoyment has Brett Favre ever brought you?

3 comments:

sam said...

He brought all packers fans years of commitment and sportsmanship and a superbowl to boot. As both a Favre and Packers fan, I'm excited to see what he's going to do in the purple uni. And Aaron Rogers pretty much proved himself to be one of the top 10 qbs in the league (Givin last years statistics) so i'm not mad about not having favre. As long as he can stay healthy the vikings will be contending with the packers for the NFC North Crown.

PS. Thats baller as fuck that ur interviewing MC Juice. is this for FSD?

WuTangIsForThe Children said...

Yeah it's for FSD. Dude is like a savant. He spit for me and his flow was just effortless.

I really hope the Bears win the division so I can talk shit all year.

Casey Blue said...

hi dallas!

here's a thought-provoking analysis of the caster story, if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUIoO8eArA

dave zirin is a really interesting sports writer.

hope all's well on your end
i continue to stalk your blog — but, y'know, don't worry about it too much.