Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 8/27/09

  • "August" This has to have been coldest, cloudiest August ever. I can't remember the last time it hit 85 in Chicago this month. I woke up in the middle of the night cold yesterday. It's getting ridiculous. I haven't seen the Sun since Monday, and the forecast is calling for more of the same. That includes a low in the 40s on Sunday. Word?
  • "Traffic" Despite what 16 months of blogging say, I'm not one to complain. Out loud at least. But I gotta go in on this one. Maybe I'm expecting too much from humanity, but it amazes me that it can take me an hour to go 15 miles on an expressway. How on Earth is it theoretically possible for traffic to come to a complete stop? There are no stop signs! I can understand slowing down - old people, jackasses who wait till the last 50 feet to get over and exit/merge - but to not move on a highway is unbelievable. That's like a NASCAR race coming to a crawl. Seriously, it is. The Dan Ryan E-Way operates under the same rules a race track does. And if you disagree with that, I dare you to get on it tonight at like 11:30.
  • "God"



    Looks like I was wrong. Maybe there is one after all. Or at least a god of pizza. Italian manufacturers are putting the finishing touches on a pizza vending machine. This is not fake, and I haven't mistyped anything. The dreams and prayers of millions of people have been realized. This is huge. Humongous. This is bigger than the invention of toaster pastries. Life won't be the same if/when this hits the US. Props to The Smoking Section.

No comments: