Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 9/22/09 (Return of the 20 Year Old)

So I'm back. Thanks to everybody who helped make this past weekend one of the most fun I've ever had. Being 20 and all, I feel like I should start dealing with more sophisticated subject matter....

  • "Maturity"



    .....but there's just too much good stuff out there. Something tells me her abstinence was less choice and more forced. Props Holy Taco.
  • "Cudi" He ripped the Sprite Green event in Millennium Park on Friday, and his album is really growing on me. At first, I approached it as a hip-hop record. Only problem is that it isn't. I don't know what genre it is, and that's cool with me. It's just good music. The Smoking Section is giving away some tight Cudi posters. All you have to do is leave a comment. Props to Kellyn for snapping the picture.
  • "Drugs" No offense to any old people reading, but once you all die off drug legislation will be so much more logical. Hopefully you take statistics with you too. I scoped this tiny tidbit of a story on the Trib telling parents to tell their kids not to do drugs talk to their kids about drugs. Their argument: parents' number one concern is that their kid will be exposed to someone who does drugs, and that students do drugs b/c of school stress. Now I don't want to take up too much time here, but I'll just say that, albeit I've only known them for 20 years, my parents are probably more worried about me being exposed to bad grades than nature's pharmaceuticals.
  • "Barack" I know he probably owed Daley for some backdoor deal they did back in the day (that doesn't make him a bad person, just a politician) but, c'mon man, stop pushing for the 2016 Olympics. I'm not an economist, so I can't say it will ruin the city financially, but I do live on the South Side and I will say that it will ruin the history of too many neighborhoods. Gentrification is already well in motion, but the Games will send it into hyperdrive.
  • "Obama"



    Actually, Mr. President, let me stop chastising you. You're just the product of a system. Plus, with all the fuckery you have to deal with on an hourly basis, the last thing you need is me nitpicking. Great interview on Letterman sir. But, you know nobody believes you when you say that race has nothing to do with the intense hatred people have for you and your presidency. Props 2DBz.

No comments: