Thursday, September 3, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 9/3/09 (300th Post!)

  • "Beavis and Butthead" I could go on for pages about how - for better or worse - this show shaped me and my childhood. I challenge anybody reading this who isn't blind (.......) or deaf to say they haven't laughed while watching Beavis and Butthead. And the movie! Oh, the movie is gold. Mike Judge should have a national holiday, or at least a Hollywood star. Anyway, here's a review of some movie called "Extract" by the greatest cartoon duo ever. I hope there's more where this came from.
  • "Brazil"



    They shouldn't get the 2016 Olympics just off the strength of this ad. This can't be real, can it? It was created by a Brazilian contributor to the WWF. I don't know how "fuckery" translates in Portuguese, but, yeah, wow, just watch.
  • "The South" Gotta love it. A lot about it is effed up - see The Ying Yang Twins - but a lot of good comes out of it as well - see Chik-Fil-A. I don't know really where this story fits in, maybe under "funny as shit", but I had to share it. Roger "Hide Your Kids" Stephens slapped up some stranger's toddler in a Wal-Mart b/c she was crying. Wow. Did he knock the stroller over with the follow-thru?? The kid was 2 I think, and all I did when I was 2 was eat, cry, and cry. Glad I didn't come up in Georgia. Roger is a certified felon goon, and if you disagree, go cry about it.
  • "Band-Aids" The CPS presented a $30 million plan to help curb school violence today. C'mon. CPS schools are more dangerous than Georgia Wal-Marts. $30 million for 1,200 schools? What, are they gonna hire an extra security guard at every school? The problem is so much deeper than just school violence, this is just a waste of money. I'd rather they use the money for better supplies and technology...

No comments: