Thursday, October 15, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 10/15/09

  • "Waka Flocka Flame" You're probably asking yourself why I'm talking about Japanese fireworks when there's a picture of a rapper of here. That gentleman to the left with the long hair showing you how much he likes cameras would be Waka Flocka Flame. Props to Lo for opening my eyes to the hot artist in Atlanta clubs right now. I really feel for Outkast, Goodie Mob and the rest. They've put out album after album of great stuff, but tracks like "Now I'm Ballin Out" and "O Lets Do It" overshadow it. The meaning of Waka's name has supplanted Stonehenge as the great mystery of our time.
  • "DJ Hero"



    I have a feeling that when it drops, it's going to lead to people thinking they can actually DJ just b/c they beat the game on Difficult. Nonetheless, the trailer is dope and black people won't be ashamed to have this in their house. Sorry Guitar Hero. Props Hypebeast.
  • "Pepsi" They're soft. I didn't know that their "Pickup Lines" iPhone app existed, but it sounds like a hilarious way to spend your 8-minute train ride to work. Well, some people don't. Groups like the Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation feel that the app will result in chauvinist 26 year olds hitting the office at work and using the skills they learned "picking up secretaries" on their iPhone in real life. It's a game for Christ's sake. Playing Super Mario World for 7 hours a day as a kindergartner didn't result in me kicking the shit out of every turtle I came across. Most of the people playing this are grown, and I'm pretty sure their mistreatment of women is a little more complex than "it's Pepsi's fault".
  • "Walmart" Growing up in the city, I'd never been inside one until about 4 years ago - when the Evergreen Park location was built. The size of them always bothered me. I feel like I shouldn't be able to get lost inside one store; maybe a mall, but not just a store. But then again, Walmart is so much more than just a store. It's a reflection of society. And a very unflatteringly hilarious reflection at that. Props TBL.
  • "Hyperbole" This is the front page of the HuffPost right now. I understand trying to attract readers, but really? I guess losing your mansion and having to live, gasp, in the city in a 2-bedroom house would suck, but the worst 3 months of all time? For who? I wasn't around for the Spanish Inquisition, slavery, The Holocaust, pretty much every war ever in the history of everything, and the entire 16th century in North America, but I'm pretty sure those sucked a little bit more.

1 comment:

VicksTheGreat said...

yo i didnt know Waka Flocka was his real name until sunday. niggas play his shit all the time though