Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 10/29/09

  • "Children" Shit's a little too real in Chicago right now. There's really nothing differentiating the situation in some neighborhoods from child soldier warfare going on in other countries. There's shorties in grade-school catching slugs, and kids not even old enough to buy cigarettes robbing and murdering elderly couples. Youth violence is not really a new phenomenon, but the news is reporting it now. That's new. I don't really have anything to say in terms of why this is the way it is, or what should be done about it. It just hurts to see the same shit day in and day out and feeling like there's nothing that can be done about it.
  • "Intelligence" It's the 6th week of school. You'd think I'd know my schedule by now. I planned my entire day around the 1 pm history discussion I had; grab lunch, then go turn in my paper. Everything went according to plan until I got to the classroom and didn't recognize a single person in the room. Confused, I emailed my TA asking if lecture was canceled. He reminded me that my discussion section was at noon, not 1 pm. FML.
  • "Halloween" Just got back from the Salvation Army store with Lo. This year's costume is going to be epic. HuffPost is calling Halloween the 'Most Wasteful Holiday'. I don't know about kids nowadays, but back in my prime there was nothing wasteful about my attitude toward Halloween candy. It all got eaten. Halloween is a must for kids; it's a critical part of childhood development, just like potty-training and puberty and stuff. I vote Valentine's Day for the most wasteful holiday. My parents have been married for 25 years and my dad tells my mom he loves her on the regular, so why the hell does he need to buy flowers and candy on February 14th? Imagine all the roses that'd be saved if we did away with Valentine's Day.
  • "Parking"



    How did this person pass the driving test? Props TBL

No comments: