Monday, December 14, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/14/09

  • "The Bears" Wasted another 3 hours of my life yesterday watching them go through the motions against the Packers. They are only 5-8, but it seems so much worse. Especially with Kamau and Mena texting me every 30 minutes about how much better the Vikings are.
  • "Weather" Being a meteorologist sounds a lot cooler than what it actually is. Instead of studying meteors and them tearing shit up, you just tell people what they already know. Like that it's going to snow in places with cold weather this Christmas. Are you kidding me? People go to school for this? I feel like if we had a forecast with "a 25% chance of meteors", that'd be so much cooler. Plus, people would actually pay attention.
  • "High School" The America's Best High Schools list dropped today. Payton came in 96th, which I guess is pretty good nationally. It also is 96th place, which I refuse to accept as legitimate. Especially with schools like the Julia R. Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School ahead of us.
  • "Year's End" Whenever December rolls around, we get stories about the best [insert anything] of the year. MTV named So Far Gone its mixtape of the year. While it's arguable - see Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmusic, The Warm Up, or No Ceilings - I think MTV did a good job with this. Drake dropped that tape in February, yet people still bump it like crazy. Most albums don't even have 10-month lifespans. "Best I Ever Had" and "Successful" got nominated for Grammys. Plus he sold a shitload of copies of the So Far Gone EP, which had songs everybody had already heard. People will undoubtedly hate on this choice, but I can't prove why Drake doesn't deserve this.

3 comments:

sam said...

dang, Dallas. Masterman is a good ass school. I'll let you take that up with Mr. Corey Winchester cuz bol went there. you got beef with philly now?

Dallas Wright said...

haha i mean i'm just bitter. that and idk how anybody could go to a school that long. they couldn't have had bumper stickers, lettermans, shit what did their sports jersey look like?

HS beef, let it begin. shots fired.

bellamyd said...

I'm kinda upset to see Payton slipping further down the National Rankings. I thought we were in the 40s last year? Maybe i'm wrong.. ?