Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/23/09

  • "Boxing" Things can never be easy. Mayweather-Pacquiao is still slated for March 13th, but the inevitable fuckery is surfacing. Floyd's camp wants to have drug tests 48 hours before the fight, which is unusually close. Pacquiao, allegedly scared of needles, refuses and wants to follow regular protocol and get tested a month before the fight. Manny Pacquiao is one of the greatest boxers of all time, and this dude is afraid of a needle? Look at this dude! Boxers are the biggest divas in sports, so this is all part of the game. Just as long as they get in the ring in March, I don't care what happens.
  • "Change" Two months ago, if you asked me what I would do to get a pair of Space Jam Jordan 11s, I'd probably have said something that you could use as blackmail for the rest of my days. Well, they released and sold out last night, and I wasn't in line in the snow to get em. Maybe it was just a coping mechanism to help me deal with the fact that buying these 12s put me outta the race for Space Jams, I don't know. Or maybe it was the over-the-top (and maybe deserved) hype. Or maybe it was the fact that I could account for over 1200 pairs of them just in Chicago. All I know is that I probably will never own a pair, and I can still sleep at night.
  • "Fantasia" I didn't know she was still even in the biz. I always figured literacy was a requirement. Actually, never mind. Well if you still love you some Fantasia, head to VH1 - shocker - on January for "Fantasia For Real". You can watch her studying for her G.E.D. and other exciting things. Via Bossip.
  • "Tip"



    So T.I. is back. He served 7 months after catching a federal gun charge, as an already convicted felon. I'm glad to see him back, but I've already grown tired of the "T.I. is a leader of a generation" talk. Are you kidding me? I'm gonna stop the hate there though. Tip, playbwoi, lemme get your lawyers' numbers man. You got the best deal in the history of the justice system. And I don't want to know how. It's the kaaaaanng. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh.

No comments: