Friday, January 15, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 1/15/10

  • "Deja Vu"



    I understand that taking things without paying for them is wrong. I get that. I also understand that if I spent the past 4 days pulling my family and friends' limbs out of the rubble while having to literally fight for fresh water, me not giving a fuck about right and wrong would be an understatement. I'm beginning to see the same, troublesome word we all saw during the Katrina coverage: looters. Haitians are not looting. Looters take Blu-Ray players and surround sound systems during disasters. I've never been to Haiti but I'm confident when I say that there aren't too many Blu-Ray players to be had. Please stop calling these people looters and thieves and gangs. It's easy for us to call the Haitian people lawless from our nice dorm lounge with cable TV and vending machines. Put yourself in their shoes and see if you'd wait for the relief/aid store to open before you judge.
  • "Fuckery" Osama Bin Laden is a goldmine. The State Department - I'm guessing they mean every state - updated Bin Laden's Most Wanted photo today. From the looks of the new Osama, he's converted to Mormonism, frequents Supercuts every month, and is a manager at Walmart. Why can't they just give it up and tell us Osama died in like '93? He's like the Elvis of terrorists.
  • "Jada Pinkett" She was one of the baddest before the Smith. I'm talkin Set It Off Jada. Killin the game with the micros.

No comments: