Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm Sick, B***h!!

Fighting off the last remnants of my weekend sickness right now. I've got about 3 days of homework, meetings, deadlines, appointments and applications to catch up on in about 12 hours so I won't be posting fully today. It's really frustrating not being able to stay healthy. In the past 12 months I've had food poisoning, the flu three times over (including the swine), and had an infection in my jaw that cost me Dillo Day 2009. I'm bound to just say fuck it and toss these Vitamin C pills to the wayside. They obviously aren't working. But let me stop bitching, you all don't come here to read that...at least I hope not. Here's some goodies.

Chuka wowed me this morning with this crazy "guess-who-sampled-this" quiz. I don't know where he found this at, but I challenge all you Chicago hip-hop fans to figure out the answer. Listen carefully during the first 7-10 seconds. It's wild.



And, if you haven't already, download Bun's No Mixtape (click the picture if you're lost). Shockingly, it is, in fact, a mixtape. A really really dope one at that. I love that Bun, a certified legend anywhere, not just the South, embraces the changes in the industry like this and is putting out a tape. I don't see Nas putting out mixtapes. And yes I did just compare Bun to Nas, to answer your unasked question. A lot of people in the Midwest and South grew up with UGK being the cream of the crop. Illmatic is a great album and Nas is a great artist, but that's not universal.

Sorry for the autoplay problem too. I'm working on it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop being an idiot

http://nahright.com/news/2008/06/09/dj-green-lantern-nas-the-nigger-tape/

Dallas Wright said...

stop being anonymous first

and find me something not from the Summer Olympics and shit por favor

Dallas Wright said...

And that tape was essentially a collection of snippets before the Untitled album dropped. Cats had the album leak before they had that garbage ass tape.

Anonymous said...

uMad?

sam said...

Anonymous, uWeak. thats a statement, not a question.

Anonymous said...

Fall back sam

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/29358/original/umad.jpg

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/29/umad128539779112343750.jpg

http://localhostr.com/files/dda6c6/u+mad.jpg

http://flywithbats.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad.jpg

Anyone else that wants some, come get some

sam said...

anon, ur og post helped prove dallas's point, Nas hasn't been relevant in the mixtape game for at least 1.5 years. And who knows if that tape was even good enough to qualify Nas as relevant in the game.

Anonymous said...

Nas last album sold 187,078 copies the first week

Bun's last album sold 98,000 copies the first week

It seems Nas is pretty "relevant" in the "game" when compared to Bun.

Fall back sam, or keep coming for more. I have no problem with further sonning you.

Anonymous said...

Troll hard or die hard