Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break

This time Monday, I'll be 35,000 feet in the air and 1,000 miles from Chicago. Headed to Florida for 6 days of relaxation and foolishness. So, since I really haven't ever taken a vacation from blogging, next week seems like a perfect time to do just that. So no full posts until the 29th. If I find some goodies though, I'll share.

  • I've been pretty happy ever since I started stacking SafeRide money. I'd spent about 40% of my check in head on sneakers and other gaudy stuff. Well, back to reality. Just got my car back from the auto shop and it needs around $1200 in repairs. Nothing major - mostly radiator and steering equipment replacement - and some of it can be done at home, but my whip is old enough (1995) that cutting my losses and selling it is a legit option right now. Odds are I'll be on foot or bike during spring quarter. Except at work.
  • Some funny ass vanity plates. They definitely go harder than any bumper sticker you could ever buy. Props HuffPost.
  • Erykah Badu's new album drops on the 30th. The cover art is pretty tight. If it's anything like her last one, the album will be even tighter. 2DBz.
  • If you own a television, know someone who owns a television, or work in a place that has televisions, you need to be watching basketball all day. Other things can wait.

No comments: