Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/15/10

  • "Fireballs"



    Something remarkable happened last night in the skies above Illinois, Missouri, and Wisconsin. The video above isn't fake; that's indeed a giant flaming something flying through the air. According to the Tribune's "expert" on giant flaming somethings that fly through the air, it may have been a meteor from a comet discovered in the 1860s. That's pretty much just as good as calling it a flare from a UFO that caught a flat. We can't do any better than "may have possibly been a basketball-sized meteor"? As an aside, imagine seeing this in person high. Holy shit.
  • "Red Bull"



    Another video that's hard to believe is real. Some crazy gliders - apparently they're different from pilots? - and a likely coked-up skydiver pulled off one of the craziest things I've ever seen. I promise it's not a threesome. Skip to :40 or so to see for yourself. Props HuffPost.
  • "ASG" Congrats to Claire and Hiro on their runaway win in yesterday's elections. Being the risk junkie I am, I have an announcement to make. I'm giving Claire and Hiro the official Daily Top 5 post-election endorsement. No need to thank me now. I'll just wait for my...uh...contribution in the mail.
  • "Crooks" Just saw this AK-47 flash drive by Crooks & Castles. My immediate reaction was to cop, but then I caught the specs: 2 GB for $45, plus shipping. I'll pass. Props Hypebeast.
  • "Steph Curry"



    Probably my favorite player to watch that doesn't wear number 1 and play for the Bulls. Curry had 42, 9, and 8 last night during the last game of his damn fine rookie year. He's one of the few players I can remember who plays the same way in the league as he did in college. It looks like every play he runs is a broken play (and that might be the case considering the Warriors finished 26-56), but Curry is so skilled offensively that you never feel like he's lost control. Golden State would be, well, Golden State if they didn't build their team around him.

No comments: