Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/28/10

  • "Next Year" The Bulls took their last L of the year last night. They were in it for a minute. In my completely biased opinion, they should've won. Cleveland played its worst game of the series, but their depth got them over. LeBron too, but enough about him. That depth is what is keeping the Bulls from getting out of the first round. If LeBron decides to play fair and not take over, the Cavs still have Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams to put up 20 or so. If Derrick Rose doesn't give us 26 and 8 - and if Joakim Noah doesn't put up a double double - then the Bulls are losing. Deng and Hinrich are nice pieces to have, but the Bulls need another scorer. I don't care if it's Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, whoever. Just give me one more scorer and I'll see you in the Eastern Conference Finals.
  • "Haters" I don't care if Allah, Jesus, Jehovah, Yahweh, Buddha and the Easter Bunny give Iron Man 2 bad reviews, I'm still probably going to end up seeing it like 7 times. The first of those times being midnight central time on May 7th. I'm not going to see this movie for a compelling story of good vs. evil. That'd be a bonus. I'm going to see Iron Man and War Machine (!!!) blow shit up. And Mickey Rourke playing Mickey Rourke with electric whips. Expecting more than that out of a movie is just selfish.
  • "Entitlement" Since "fuckery" was already taken, I'll try to be more creative. One of Bill Clinton's (confirmed) nieces, Macy, is being coddled by the news peeps because she has to use food stamps to eat. The girl is 18 and about to go to college, something most people in the world don't have the luxury of experiencing. She doesn't go hungry. As a matter of fact, she eats better than 90% of the people on this planet. The fuck is wrong with food stamps? I'll take 'em, Macy, if you don't want them. That's like having 200 extra points every month to spend. I just don't understand why her being distant kin to Bill Clinton means she can't be broke. Not even broke. Just not rich. I know working people who own homes and use a Link card. No shame in that, especially not enough to be crying on Inside Edition about.
  • "Pac Div" Quietly dropping their Don't Mention It tape yesterday. I liked the surprise. No Twitter hype, no promo videos, just good music. Click the pic for the download.

No comments: