Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/8/10

  • "Mashups" When two good things come together to make something great, it's a beautiful thing. Of course there's peanut butter and jelly, Kenan and Kel, girls and alcohol. Well, mashup master Max Tannone has added to the list with this dope Mos Def x dub/roots reggae tape Mos Dub. Props 2DBz for some definite paper plane music.
  • "Tiger" I swear I have a Tiger Woods post every week. As an American hero, he more than deserves it. The man was living the dream: more money than 10 people could ever spend, unparalleled talent, and a job he loved. He also had a church van full of women letting him make reservations for one in between their labia. Like I said, living the dream. I can't hate on him, because he was doing exactly what I would've been doing. Including boning my neighbor's hot daughter. Not out of spite, just because I was goddamn Tiger Woods. When he dies, Tiger's headstone should say only "The Man..." Props TBL.
  • "Domination"



    Lionel Messi is the Michael Jordan Mighty Mouse Barry Sanders of soccer. I'm not the biggest futbol head in the world and I don't pretend to be, but I know enough to know that, when you score 4 goals against one of the world's 10 best teams, you're pretty good. Messi quickly became a favorite of mine last year when I found out he was 5'6". He's holding it down for the short guys out there. Although, watching him run through world-class athletes like that really good kid in your AYSO league used to do gives me pause. What the hell am I doing wasting these extra 3 inches of height?
  • "The Funk Brothers" Props to Josh for letting me borrow Standing in the Shadows of Motown. If you like Motown, which I ask rhetorically because even Rush Limbaugh likes Motown (not because he hates Black people, because he's deaf silly), then you'll like this movie. The Funk Bros. were Motown's house band and they created pretty much every song you've ever loved. Watch this movie. It's free on the internet somewhere.

No comments: