Monday, April 19, 2010

Preparation

If you're celebrating the holidays tomorrow, I advise you get all your responsibilities taken care of today. Make sure your prospie has their shit packed up tonight so they can bounce before you wake and bake. Do all your homework and studying tonight. Make sure you have sick days left on your work schedule. And hit the gym too. Trust me on that one.

Anyways, here's my list of essentials for tomorrow. If that's how you get down.

  • Cartoons


    You're going to want to watch some funny stuff all day tomorrow. Actually, pretty much anything short of Schindler's List will be funny to you tomorrow, but you can't beat cartoons. The Boondocks, in particular. Despite what this video says, real niggas do watch cartoons.
  • Good Music Again, pretty much anything you listen to tomorrow will sound like the greatest thing to ever grace your ears. I recommend some slow, smooth stuff. Preferably free of anything political or referring to shit that actually happens in real life. Public Enemy and Mos Def and even 'Pac are great and all, but why waste tomorrow listening to tales of racial exploitation and urban decay? I'd rather bump some Devin the Dude, Wiz and Curren$y.
  • Snacks Munchie medicine is a must. I don't think I've said this yet, but pretty much anything you eat tomorrow will taste like Emeril Lagasse made it. It's all about the junk food too. I recommend cheese pizza Lunchables - which are going for $1 a pop at the Dominick's on Green Bay Rd. - some form of sour candy, chips and salsa, and fried chicken. Harold's is the number one draft pick, but I'll take Chicken Shack on my 420 squad any day. Don't eat anything made by Chef Boyardee. Trust me. And get your drink game up. You may come off like a wuss at the 7-11 register, but get some low-calorie drinks. Liquids are just to wash down the snacks and to eliminate dry mouth tomorrow. If you must go with the sugar, go for the Arizona Tea Arnold Palmer.

No comments: