Friday, May 7, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 5/7/10

  • "Gangsta Gibbs"



    Freddie Gibbs new video - "The Ghetto" - premiered on MTV today. It went on right after "Brenda's Got A Baby". I don't know why I included that. Regardless, this made my day. Not only is the video/song cold, but it's heartening to see a artist as talented and who has worked as hard as Gibbs has finally get his due. Listen to Freddie Gibbs. He's better than your favorite rapper's favorite rapper. Props FSD - and shouts to Drew for producing the video.
  • "Mic Terror" One of my favorite rappers out of Chicago. He's funny as hell, plus he can rap his ass off. Mic T just dropped off his latest project - Can I Borrow A Feeling - and it's dope as usual. Props FSD. Again.
  • "May 10th"



    Nerd Hop Vol. 3 coming on Monday. Support good music. And, in case Looney's too far ahead of you, here's a verse breakdown to catch you up to speed. Props...me!
  • "Members Only" Jack Threads has a sale on Members Only jackets going on right now. I kid you not. Leather and all. They even have the Thriller joint. If you aren't on Jack Threads, leave me your email address in the comment section and I'll send you an invite. It's free access to nice clothes on sale. What's not to like?
  • "Reality" The White Sox suck. I've come to terms with this after 5 weeks of saying "It's early, they'll get it together." The reality of the situation is that they won't. Despite having Andruw Jones remember how to swing a bat suddenly, despite having the speed that Ozzie bitched for the past two years, and despite having one of the AL's best rotations on paper - Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Floyd are all 15-game winners - the Sox won't do any better than 3rd in the Central this year. They couldn't score at a swingers convention.

No comments: