Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rock The Bells 2010

My favorite music festival announced its 2010 lineup yesterday. As usual, Rock The Bells won't disappoint. We've got:
Obviously, getting to see Slick Rick and the Wu perform their finest work is worth the $40 or so the tickets cost. Toss in Clipse, Wiz (who is a much better live performer than you'd expect), and Brother Ali and I'm set. Yelawolf would be dope too. I'm nitpicking now - mostly b/c I saw Rakim, Murs, Tech, and Supernatural at Rock The Bells 2008 - but I know I'll be head-nodding for the whole 12 hours...

...if I can find a bus ticket out to DC. For some reason, Guerilla Union has only set up 4 stops on this year's Rock The Bells tour schedule. 2 Cali stops, an NYC show, and the finale in the District. This is a bigger blow to Chicago than losing the 2016 Olympics. Now I'll be scouring Megabus and Greyhound for the next month and looking for a couch to crash on in the DMV on August 29th.


Worth the sacrifice.

2 comments:

DSD said...

Didn't Slick Rick get deported

Dallas Wright said...

nah that blind dude running the state of NY gave him a full pardon