Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 8/17/10

  • "Rod" The Blagojevich verdict came in like an hour ago. Out the 30-some charges he faced, only one came back guilty. If he does more than 2 months in jail, I'll whip my dick out at the Evanston YWCA. I don't know if this is the battered-citizen syndrome kicking in or not, but I really don't care. I take that back. I do care. Call me sick, but I think it's kind of cool that my state, city, and county are infamously corrupt. To me, Illinois just keeps it real. Politics is corrupt by definition; whenever money and public policy mix with the need for complete integrity, you can pretty much chalk it up as a loss for "the people". So, instead of tweeting and angrily commenting on news sites about how bad a guy Blagojevich is, I'm gonna just take solace in the fact that, no matter what corner of the world you live in, people are in charge. Thus, they are fucking up. That's what we do. That's what makes it interesting. *P.S. Who's that trailing Blago in this picture?
  • "Free Music" Here's Str8 Killa No Filla minus all the goofy DJ drops that mixtapes always have. You know the drill, click the pic. Via Andrew.
  • "Prison" The ACLU has got to be the realest lobby out there. We all know that prison rape happens. A lot. So much so that it's become something funny, until it's your turn to meet Fleece. Well the ACLU doesn't think it's so funny, and they told Attorney General Holder that if he doesn't keep his promise and write a no-prison rape law (why has it taken until 2010 to make one?) they're going to "get in that ass". I don't know if they actually said that, but I'm assuming that they have a sense of humor.
  • "Lies" I've had every burger on this list. In-N-Out is by far the best. I took a $19 round-trip cab ride in San Diego to get there, and I wasn't at any time mad during the entire ordeal. Their burgers are that good.

No comments: