Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 9/2/10

  • "Retros" Nike really is the ultimate hustler. I don't know when or how it happened, but they can re-release old sneakers and make millions of people skip work and camp out to overpay for them. As much as that kind of thinking makes me want to hate them, these Pearl Foamposites are beyond fresh. Via Hypebeast.
  • "R&B" The genre is dead. I'll argue that with anyone. I was only 7 when The Bachelor came out, but we can hop in the DeLorean right now, show the '96 me the current state of babymaking music and it'd be a sad state of affairs. The birth rate is down over the past few years, and it's not b/c of the recession. It's b/c it's hard to bust a nut over Boi-1da snares and mediocre verses. "The Usual", via 2DBz. Click the pic to DL the tagless CDQ.
  • "Fuckery"



    Baseball brawls always look fun. Nobody really ever gets a clean punch in, and you really just get to take a shot at whoever you want to. It's only lasting for 20 seconds anyways. Here's Nyjer Morgan of the Nationals connecting with a solid left hook on Marlins pitcher Chris Volstad. The best part comes right after the charge, though. Peep the WWF clothesline Morgan gets destroyed by. I miss baseball. Via TBL.
  • "Big Boi"



    My second-favorite track off the album. Who said rap videos were formulaic? Boi stop.

No comments: