Monday, December 13, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/13/10

  • "The DMV" Seeing as it's Monday and I didn't have anything to do, I decided to go to the DMV on 99th and King Drive to get my grown-man driver's license. My time in Jesse White's playhouse reminded just how much I love my city. I was in and out (the first time) pretty quickly. 45 minutes. But, my new license had me at 5'11". I'll pause for the hahas, LOLs, and LMAOs. So I had to head back over east to get my license corrected, preparing myself for the bogus $10 correction fee. Got back to the DMV, and told the cashier how the operator misprinted my height. She says, "I won't charge you honey. I can't stand her ass no way." I sat back down and waited on my new, realistic ID to get printed up and the dude in the chair behind me leaned forward. "Good green, good green." I was riding high after my cashier come up and, for a second, considered taking the enterprising gentleman up on his offer. Then I realized that we were in a government building and this dude was trying to sell me weed that was probably browner than me.
  • "DeSean Jackson"



    He still has some of the worst hands I've seen on a wide receiver since FredEx, but dude can fly. Plus he celebrates first and thinks second. Note, however, that he did this in the fourth quarter. If he'd scored in the first I doubt he woulda wiled out like that. A Cowboy would probably have accidentally blown Jackson's knee out the next time he touched the ball. Via TBL.
  • "The Cool Kids"



    Visuals for their latest - "Big Talk" - via Fake Shore. When Fish Ride Bicycles is supposed to drop in January, right around the time I'm heading to El Dorado to hunt the Loch Ness Monster with Bigfoot.
  • "Fuckery" I wish I coulda been in the planning meetings for the realignment and renaming of the Big Ten. The Legends division and the Leaders division? I feel you, 50. I don't get it either.
  • "Perspective" Whenever "they" start telling us that the economy is back on its feet, read stuff like this. Black and Brown people still face 30%+ unemployment rates. Via HuffPost.

3 comments:

miss *kris said...

I admit I got kinda excited when I saw the "DMV" on my blog feed... I thought you were talking about the DMV area. (Shoulda known better... Oh well.)

But I literally laughed out loud when I read : "I won't charge you honey. I can't stand her ass no way." Bahahaha.


www.thekrissikronicles.com

Dallas Wright said...

haha yea it was wild in there. idk why i never linked to ur site but i just fixed that.

miss *kris said...

oh YAY! thanx :)