Friday, December 17, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/17/10

  • "MMA"



    This was only #2 on Sportscenter last night behind JR Smith's dunk. Gotta be kidding me. This dude Anthony Pettis did some Jet Li, Jean-Claude Van Damme shit during an actual fight. AND it was aired on national television. How many fights do you have to be in before "run up the wall and kick somebody in the face" even crosses your mind? Via TBL.
  • "A.J. Wright" The corner of Dempster and Dodge is pretty underrated. Not only is there a 24-hour McDonald's right across the street from a KFC - a highlight in almost any city, and definitely a shocker for a place like Evanston - but there's a Dominick's and an A.J. Wright. If you're asking what A.J. Wright is, just imagine a Marshalls or T.J. Maxx with a different sign on the front. If you're asking what Marshalls and T.J. Maxx are, let me borrow $200. Anyway, the corporation that owns the store is planning on shutting the Evanston location down in January and people are pissed. Can't blame them. Once you've been exposed to $8 hoodies and $80 suits, it's game over. Via ChiTrib.
  • "Christmas Lists" I forgot to make one this year until my mom asked me what I wanted. It took me all day to think up a list. It's crazy how much of a fad Christmas is, at least for us secular folks. Jews, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhists, Rastafarians and everybody else too I guess. I wish I could compare Dallas the 11 year old's list to Dallas the 21 year old's list. I almost just put "an extra stomach and some brakes for my car" on my list this year and left it at that. That would be awesome. Ended up just asking for some Johnnie Walker Black Label and a few cookbooks. Anything on top of that is gravy.
  • "Chucks" Fact: I've never owned a pair of Chuck Taylors. I've been listening to Wiz since Prince of the City 2 but I just couldn't get down with em. I've broken my ankle before, and Chucks look like they'd have my shit worse than Yao Ming's in no time. These Converse x Schott collabs are serious though. If they weren't in the Jordan price range, I'd definitely cop. If I'm dropping 2 bills on something Schott, it's gotta be a jacket. Props Cool Material.
  • "Ghostface Killah" Here's "Drama" featuring Joell Ortiz (!!!) and Game (...). Can never have enough Ghost though. Hit the pic for the download. Apollo Kids drops Tuesday. Via 2DBz.

No comments: