Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/28/10

  • "Blake Griffin"



    I was pissed last year when he wrecked his knee. We all missed out on a season of ridiculous highlights like this one. As a Bulls fan, I don't have it in me to say that I enjoy watching somebody play more than Derrick Rose. Blake Griffin is a close second, though. He's averaging like 20 and 12 without any real pro post moves. Maybe he doesn't need em. Via TBL.
  • "Chokes"



    Never heard of either of these squads, but I have heard of soccer. And in said game, the goal is to put the ball in the back of the net. Five chances to score, five fails. The crowd's "Ohhh!!.....Ohhhh!!!" is pretty sad. Via HuffPost.
  • "Fuckery"



    Knowing the science behind newscasts, I got some laughs out of this. Not only from the obvious - people sprinting into the mall to spend $200, a woman with gold fronts giving the colored commentary on the whole spectacle while eating a bag of Munchos, the generous man at the end of the clip who demands his cousin have a happy Kwanzaa - but from the thought process that the reporters and producers had to go through. I'm sure there was much fun to be had down at ABC13 in Houston, except for the only Black cameraman or reporter they have on staff. They are probably going to murder everyone at the station by this time next year. I'm now convinced (as a former sneaker fiend) that the IllumiNike and the media are behind a massive conspiracy against Black people. Hear me out, hear me out. Every single year, they put a shoe out (that they already released like ten years ago!!) that gets Black folk running through the malls and fighting to shell out half their rent check. Then, they film the whole debacle and make funny-ass news clips about it. Got our money and our souls. IllumiNike.
  • "Skill"



    Pro golfers really don't get enough credit for how good they are. Hit the 1:30 mark to see some crazy shit. Via TBL.
  • "Dignity"



    From the Memphis-Georgetown game last week. Andrew. Deuce Deuce. Bro, send #1 my condolences.

No comments: