Thursday, December 30, 2010

Daily Top 5 >>> 12/30/10

  • "Transition" I've owned a car since I was 15 years old. Some of you may be thinking "But Dallas, you can't even drive until you're 16!" I know. I do things differently though. Two summers of hard work, $600 of saved up birthday and Jesus' birthday money, and a family discount from my auntie later, my 1995 Nissan Maxima aka Huey Newton aka the blackest ride on the streets came into my life. I don't know what it's like not to drive. It's literally my job. That all changed this morning when the people at Car-X confirmed what I'd denied for months: my 1995 Nissan is in 1995 shape. Rather than continue to pour my cash into it, I'm leaving it at home and stacking dough all winter. Maybe spring too. Hopefully with it's trade-in value ($1,800 according to Kelly Blue Book) or if somebody wants to buy it, I'll be mobile again come May.
  • "Fuckery"



    Andrew Turner gets a second shoutout in as many posts for reuniting me with Alexxys Tylor. Her show is called "Vagina Power", and it's about as real as talk shows get. I was first introduced to her via Cam'ron's fuckery classic "Bottom of the Pussy Hole", and after that she won me over.
  • "The Suburbs" Chicago's south suburbs to be exact. I think I posted about this story when it first happened. This isn't an organized blog though, so I can't find it. Long story short: older guy yells at younger guy for letting his dog piss on older guy's coveted lawn, younger guy realizes he is getting punked by an old guy and swells up, old guy ends conversation with bullets. While the dog-walker supposedly punched the old man in the face, the old guy shot and killed dude in broad daylight. Over piss. Not even human piss. Dog piss. The punishment? Four years probation. For killing a man over piss. What is that judge's name? All I gotta say is that, if I can stay case-free till I'm 70 (that's the plan), don't step to me bogus because I'll take you to University Park and...well ask that dog-walker what happens next. Via ChiTrib. *Aside* Never EVER Google Image search "human piss".
  • "Tyreke Evans"



    Pretty cool sequence at the end of the Kings-Grizzlies game last night. Never thought I'd ever type that. Via TBL.
  • "Humanity"



    The world's human population will hit 30 Thousand 100 Million 7 billion in 2011. In case you don't understand numbers, National Geographic has put together this nice video to induce that "holy shit" feeling the number 7,000,000,000 gives normal people. The most striking fact to me: the world's population in 1800 was only about 1 billion. We probably should all stop having so much sex since, well, that's how babies are made......sheeeeeeeit.

2 comments:

miss *kris said...

sad face about your car. total womp!

did you have trouble with finding parking and getting tickets at NU? or did you buy a parking permit? I am totally lost as to where I would park and how much I would have to pay for it

Dallas Wright said...

When I was on-campus, I did get a few parking tickets. Ended up being cheaper than a parking pass though, so it wasn't a big deal. Up by Elder are a bunch of free spots.

My rent includes a parking space this yr.