Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daily Top 5 >>> 2/1/11

  • "Lupe Fiasco"



    Came across this track late last night. "Words I Never Said". At first listen, the hook had me a little worried, but I've learned to deal with it. Especially b/c Lupe comes with some serious heat. This one definitely won't be getting radio spins.
  • "Gov. Quinn" Amid all the blizzard hype yesterday, the Guvnah signed civil unions into law. Illinois is only the sixth state to recognize same-sex civil unions, which blows my mind. Not b/c there are only six, but b/c the sixth was Illinois. Except for the intersection of Belmont and Halsted, we aren't real progressive when it comes to homosexuality. Props to the state government though for getting this done. Now gay couples can have "many of the same rights married couples do." Better than nothing I guess.
  • "Genius"



    The Hip-Hop Word Count; watched this last night too. This guy, Tahir Hemphil, is mind-blowingly genius. Like almost an evil genius. I can't even imagine what the catalyst was for this idea, but if I wasn't broke I'd throw him $50 to see this project get made. Just watch the video. Props TSS.
  • "Dunks"



    DeAndre Jordan on Jon Brockman. This was #3 on Sportscenter last night, and I have no idea what the producers of that show were thinking. The dunk, the landing, the Pippen-on-Ewing shove afterward. All flawless.
  • "Chicago"



    Here go the visuals for "Countin My Money" - L.E.P. Bogus Boys ft. The Cool Kids. Chicago artists rapping, Chicago artist cameos (+ the Andrew Barber sighting), Chicago video directors. Shot at Marshall High School. Interesting b/c nearly all parties involved are from the South Side. Props FSD.

No comments: