Monday, February 14, 2011

Daily Top 5 >>> 2/14/11



  • "Valentine's Day" I hate Valentine's Day. Not b/c I'm single, not b/c I'm broke. Actually, hate is too strong. I just don't give a shit about the day. It's unnecessary. I have so many women in my life that I love and that love me, I don't need a special day to tell me when to remind them of that. I haven't lost any sleep over a gift or a reservation these past few days. I forgot it was even Valentine's Day until about 11:20 this morning. My aunt called me and wished me a happy holiday. When I see people crying b/c they had a shitty Valentine's Day, I feel bad for them. Not b/c they are single - for good reason - and have "nobody to love". I feel bad for them b/c they don't realize nor appreciate all the love they are fortunate enough to have in their laugh. Even if it's just one person, that's worth celebrating.
  • "Maybach" I'm really at a loss for words so I'll let the Excelero speak for itself. $8 million, turbo V12, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Via Cool Material.
  • "Chilean Miners" These dudes continue to amaze. Their wives and mistresses all there together celebrating when they were rescued, and now they've conformed my biggest hunch about what really went down during those weeks underground. Recreational drug use. Props HMJ.
  • "Warmer Weather" If you're from Chicago, you know what it means when the snow starts melting.

No comments: