Monday, February 7, 2011

Daily Top 5 >>> 2/7/11



  • "The NFL" They failed on so many levels last night. The game was great, but the Super Bowl isn't just a game. Maybe it should be. Most offensive was the halftime show. I'd been imagining for weeks just how awful, weird, bizarre, etc. the Black Eyed Peas would be, and they exceeded my expectations. Will.i.am jacked a robot for its wave cap and Fergie did what she always does. They even brought Usher out and let him ruin his career; it looked like he had a dirty diaper on. Many propers to ESPN for polling the nation on the BEP show too. I think we've been punished enough for Justin Timberlake x Janet Jackson, can we have good music back please? *Aside* 400 fans were kicked out of the stadium yesterday b/c the greedy-ass NFL didn't have any seats for them. Tickets started at about $3,000. If I drop an Andre Benjamin and travel to see my team in the Super Bowl and I don't have a seat, "acting a fool" can't even begin to describe what I'd do. Holy shit.
  • "Fuckery"



    Bill O'Reilly is an easy target. Doesn't mean he can't get clowned though. Apparently, when asked what caused the tides, he gave the go-to answer: "God", which is slang for "I have absolutely no idea." Billo asks a fair question with his "how did the Moon get there?". But, science kinda figured that one out too. Like Cole says, science can tell us how, it can't tell us why. Via 2DBz.
  • "Blake Griffin"



    This would have been the dunk of the year - maybe the last five years - if he had put it down. If you don't believe me, wait for the slow motion replay. The dunk contest should just be a Blake Griffin exhibition. No need for the other contestants.
  • "Dilla"

    "J.Dilla: Still Shining" from B.Kyle on Vimeo.



    On this day in 1974, James Dewitt Yancey was born in Detroit. I'm not going to eulogize Dilla, nor am I gonna sit here and call him the greatest producer ever. He wasn't. That doesn't mean his life and work don't merit celebration, though. If you have a spare 40 minutes, check out this documentary called Still Shining.
  • "Flasks" I'm a big supporter of the flask. Discreet drinking is a must sometimes: that cold ass walk to campus for 10 am class, your nephew's 3rd-grade play, that cold walk back from campus after 10 am class. If I didn't already own one, I'd cop this mustache-shaped joint. Even if nobody else finds it amusing, it doesn't matter. You'll be drunk. Props Cool Material.

1 comment:

DSD said...

That dunk was the equivalent of like a double back flip bicycle kick in soccer, lmao.