- "Playoff Time" I'm an unapologetic basketball addict. I don't give a damn if it's a high school game, a D-League game, or the NBA Finals. If there's basketball on TV or in a nearby arena, I'm there. I remember playing NBA Live 98 on the O.G. PlayStation - the one with Tim Hardaway on the front - and playing a season with the fantasy draft on. I just had to pick first so I could get
MikeRoster Player, though. It's that bad. All that said, this is my favorite time of the year. The NBA Playoffs are a marathon. Nearly two months. For me, it's the most enjoyable marathon I could ever start. Four games a night of the highest level basketball on the planet. Very few things would pry me away from that. *Aside* You can enjoy college basketball more. But if you say that the NCAA's product is superior to the NBA's, kill yourself.
- "The Wild Hare" It's closing. Been a couple times and I won't speak to some of the foolishness that went on there, but it's always a bad thing when a venue for Black music shuts its doors. Via ChiTrib.
- "Fuckery" My city is always good for some quality fuckery. This doesn't top the Imma-take-hostages-at-Taco-Bell-cuz-they-raised-prices story from a few weeks ago, but, then again, can anything. West Sider (must...resist...West Side...jokes...) Mike Tucker ran up to the drive-thru window at the Burger King on Chicago Ave. and Kedzie, and threw a Molotov cocktail inside. Nobody knows why, but I'd imagine it's because he was fed up with decades of shitty fries and chicken. Or he was high as a kite and thought The King was in there. If it was the latter, I can't blame him for taking the initiative. Props HuffPost.
- "Converse" I've never owned a pair, but if I can find these fresh low-tops for anywhere under $70 that'll change real quick. Can't up more than that for some Chucks. I can get two pairs of Vans for that. Via Cool Material.
- "Based God" Everybody and their baby's momma...baby momma's momma...sorry...has given their opinion on Lil' B announcing that his next album will be called I Am Gay. Two dominant trains of thought: either "I knew that nigga was gay" or "Oh god damn Based God, you're a genius Based God". I'm caught somewhere in between. B lost me with this album title. I can't get with it. Not because he's calling it I Am Gay, but because he's doing it just for publicity. He can go on with all that "words don't mean shit" garbage. This may be based-phemy, but I don't think B is that smart. His music doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt, and neither does a suspect wardrobe. It's insulting for him to do this and try to pass off mild retardation as progressive artistic experimentation. All that said, Based God is a marketing genius, and this Gay album will go platinum plus if/when it drops.