Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/6/11

  • "Fear" Web surfing at work and I came across this alarmist article about how the Austin metro area's under-18 population is no longer majority white. Run for the hills! While I guess it's newsworthy, I really hate stories like this. They mean nothing. Non-whites will be the majority in the U.S. in the next 30 years or so. Means nothing. Because non-whites are the majority in prisons and city ghettos while white folks are still the majority in banks, country clubs, and the government. And BET still exists. Until those things change, white people, y'all have nothing to worry about.
  • "Horchata" If you've never had it, you're slippin. Hard. Texas is like a magical land full of barbecue and hidden treasures that you can only find at the far edges of an H-E-B. The rest of the world has Kool-Aid packets. Texas has horchata packets. Everybody else needs to catch up.
  • "Fame" The only reason I would ever want to ever possibly maybe consider being famous for a couple seconds is...groupies so I could charge a speaking fee. Famous people are paid exclusively because they are famous. Seriously. Rutgers paid Snooki 32 stacks to speak on campus recently. Ellen DeGeneres' mom (aka Not Ellen DeGeneres) gets 15 grand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know Kevin Garnett is from Chicago?

D Wright said...

He's not from Chicago. He spent one year here in high school to get exposure. He is from South Carolina.

I hate Kevin Garnett, so I know my facts.