- "Fear" Web surfing at work and I came across this alarmist article about how the Austin metro area's under-18 population is no longer majority white. Run for the hills! While I guess it's newsworthy, I really hate stories like this. They mean nothing. Non-whites will be the majority in the U.S. in the next 30 years or so. Means nothing. Because non-whites are the majority in prisons and city ghettos while white folks are still the majority in banks, country clubs, and the government. And BET still exists. Until those things change, white people, y'all have nothing to worry about.
- "Horchata" If you've never had it, you're slippin. Hard. Texas is like a magical land full of barbecue and hidden treasures that you can only find at the far edges of an H-E-B. The rest of the world has Kool-Aid packets. Texas has horchata packets. Everybody else needs to catch up.
- "Spring" Chicago is supposed to be close to 80 degrees over the weekend. That's really impressive enough I guess.
- "Fame" The only reason I would ever want to ever possibly maybe consider being famous for a couple seconds is...
groupiesso I could charge a speaking fee. Famous people are paid exclusively because they are famous. Seriously. Rutgers paid Snooki 32 stacks to speak on campus recently. Ellen DeGeneres' mom (aka Not Ellen DeGeneres) gets 15 grand.
- "Bulls Fans" Grant Hill got spit at and "cursed" after the Suns lost to the Bulls last night. I don't know if they caught the gypsy who cursed Hill, but security caught the spitter. I encourage Bulls fans everywhere to learn something from this embattled fan. We need to be more passionate about our East-leading (did I mention the Bulls are first in the East?) Bulls. It's not enough to just say terrible things about opposing players' moms and unborn children from a distance, we need to let them know the deal up close and personal. I wish I could be at the UC tomorrow night. I'd hawk a fat spit and aim straight for Kevin Garnett. Then point to my completely oblivious doppelganger and dip out.