Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Daily Top 5 >>> 6/8/11

  • "Lupe Fiasco"



    Boy oh boy. So Lupe called Barack and pretty much the entire nation "the biggest terrorist" today in an interview. I'll say up front that I disagree with that statement. But not because I think Barack is a great President/Black Jesus/just a cool dude. I disagree with Lupe's (very conscious) decision to use a loaded word like "terrorist". If people are honest with themselves, and actually watch the entire interview, I find anything else Lupe said hard to get mad at. That word is the source of the outrage. It may not be fair to Barack, but he's the figurehead of the country. All of it. And this is a country that has and will continue to terrorize certain groups of people, even its own citizens. If you disagree with that, you should stop reading right now. As the face of a nation that, while doing some good, does do evil, Barack is obviously tied to that evildoing. Fair or not, that's what it is. I don't even know why people care about Barack that much to be honest. It isn't like Presidents actually call the shots anyway. CEOs and Wall Street do.
  • "LeBron" As much as I enjoyed the Mavs win yesterday, I kinda feel bad for LeBron. Scottie Pippen screwed him over. The idiotic "LeBron could be the GOAT" statement from last week will probably haunt LeBron for years. Even though he'll never be Mike, we're going to assume he's trying to do that because Scottie associated them. Sure he wore #23 for seven years, but a bunch of guys have worn that number. His nickname is "King", but I don't really know what that has to do with Mike. I've always thought James was the second coming of Oscar Robertson, not Jordan; look at the career numbers. LeBron never made Jordan comparisons, we did. And now we're shitting on the best player on Earth for not being Michael Jordan every single night. Unfair, but he's a pro athlete and it comes with the territory. Mavs in 7, just because I wanna see a few more amazing basketball games.
  • "Good Music"



    Visuals for "Black Hand Side". Pharoahe Monch x Styles P x Phonte. Can't go wrong with that. Props TSS.
  • "...Music" Wayne is doing an Unplugged special for MTV. That's all good with me; if it's half as good as Jay-Z's was I'll be happy. I'm hoping he gives us some Dedication 2/Carter 2 Wayne, but if I had to bet I'd bet on some Rebirth. Oh, and he's doing a cover of "Hail Mary". Brace yourselves.

No comments: