Thursday, April 5, 2012

Daily Top 5 >>> 4/5/12


"Pau Gasol"


You've all seen it by now. I thought people were only supposed to get baptised once in life, but nobody told Blake Griffin that. For the Clippers' first points of the night, he reminded Pau to actually be a big man and box out via the most vicious tip dunk I've seen in years. I had to holler and hop outta my seat again about an hour later when Blake struck again with an elbow and a poster during the 3rd quarter. Could've been an offensive foul, yeah, but it's hard for me to pity a 7-footer who gets yammed on like that.

"Damage Control"

I wrote on ALEC last week. You know, the ultra-conservation alliance trying to take over the world. Here's some quasi-good news: Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have divested from the Council. In other news, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo will continue to do the evil they've always done. Via HuffPost.

"Gone"

Here's a new track from Mikkey Halsted and Lupe Fiasco. As you can see from the artwork, the song deals with the extraordinary level of violence in the city of Chicago. But in a critical, "call for action" way. Not a Chief Keef, "Look at me kill my brothers and sisters, Massa! Please give me a record deal," way. Via TSS. Hit the pic for the download.

"Howard Morgan"

Speaking of my lovely hometown, meet the artist formerly known as Howard Morgan; he's now known as Inmate #LegallyLynched. Now 61, he was shot nearly 30 times in 2005 after allegedly firing his service weapon at four "fellow" officers; I'll leave their skin color out of this, but take a wild guess. Morgan was acquitted of both aggravated battery and discharging a firearm at a police officer, but, hey, can't rig win 'em all. Right Mr. Prosecutor? Naturally, Morgan was convicted of attempted murder (of cops), and today was sentenced to 40 years in prison. Again, he's 61 years old. Just a reminder of what the score is, everyone. Here's the petition, but I'd rather people start burning shit down instead.

"Gabrielle Union"
I feel so much better now.

No comments: