Monday, May 14, 2012

Daily Top 5 >>> 5/14/12

"Big Boi"

I'm still on a bit of a high from the news that Big Boi is blessing us on Dillo Day. I actually have a reason to come out to the Lakefill this year. May 26th. I'm trying not to let it faze me, but I gotta speak on the unbelievable amount of hate the announcement got on Facebook and Twitter yesterday. We've got a hip-hop legend (if you disagree with that label, you probably stopped reading after the first sentence) coming to campus for FREE, and people are upset. This man has been making Grammy-worthy music since 1994, and people are mad because Andre 3000 won't be there. Seriously? Probably the same people who thought the Bulls weren't shit when Mike retired the first time. I applaud you, A&O Mayfest. You finally came through for me.

"MaySing"
In about two hours, I'm going to be onstage at Tech embarrassing both myself and my ancestors. Yes, I'm talking about Maysing. One of the beacons of cross-Greek council unity, where frats and sorors of all ethnicities and degrees of attractiveness come together to celebrate diversity by lip-synching and dancing sans rhythm to Justin Bieber and Black Eyed Peas. If you don't understand the Diversity Report's assertion that NU fails miserably at cultural diversity, come to MaySing. With all the diverse bodies on stage performing White music for a White audience, you'll get it.

"Ab-Soul"
Here's a free, full stream of Soul's latest project - Control System - via The Smoking Section. I dig about half the tracks. "Terrorist Threats", "ILLuminate", and "Lust Demons" stand out for me.

"Fuckery"
I hate the news.


"Hope"

Hov just announced his plans to start a Made In America Music Festival. I don't do Lolla, wouldn't do Coachella, etc., so this gives me some hope for another Rock The Bells-esque experience. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean Mayfest not A&O lol but well said about your post about Big Boi!

Dallas Wright said...

Ahhhh. Fixed! Thanks.